Coronavirus Update 17.03.202017/03/20
I am writing to update you on the plans we have put into place in school.
From today and on advice from the Department for Education, we have instigated the following:
- All parents’ evenings have been cancelled. There will be a pack sent digitally with targets and guidance by the end of the term in lieu of the Year 11 parents’ evening due to take place on 26th March.
- All sporting fixtures / matches and events have been cancelled or postponed.
- After school clubs have been cancelled, OSL will continue for the time being for Year 11 pupils and other year groups will still be allowed to use the library after school and breakfast club will remain open.
- Any Trust-wide student events have been cancelled.
- All trips out of the school this term have been cancelled, we will be in touch to discuss refunds.
- Teachers have been asked to post lesson content through Google classroom.
- The caterers may need to change the menu at short notice due to food supply issues.
- Fortunately we are in a strong position to continue with education remotely as we have been using Google Classroom since last September. If you are unable to access Google Classroom please let your child’s mentor know.
- If your contact details are incorrect please let the school know now so that we can continue to communicate effectively with you.
- We advise parents to continue to take advice from Public Health England: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
We are continuing to review the situation daily and take advice from the Department for Education and Local Authority as and when it is released. At this point in time we know the same as everybody else, we do not get extra information. We will update you through official school channels; email, website, social media and letters for those with no access to the internet.
We are working hard to support the community and follow government advice, we understand that these are worrying times and rumours are circulating freely. I would urge you to only contact the school if you have specific child related enquiries and report absence in the usual way.
Mrs AM Gibson